So, you want to open up a marijuana dispensary in Los Angeles? There are a few things you should know first.
While weed may be legal in California, the laws are complex. The laws and regulations surrounding the operating and opening of dispensaries are technical and many counties are still working out the details. Opening up a marijuana dispensary in California is risky but not impossible. It is always a good idea to receive solid legal advise from an attorney who is an expert in the field of marijuana law so that you can be guided throughout the process.
One more important issue to be prepared for is the finances and start-up cost. Opening up marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles can cost a fair penny. There have been various industry reports that have come in saying that the cost can be anything between $30, 000 to $500, 00.
Obviously, this is a very high difference however the startup cost has such a range depending on:
- The size of the operation and
- The area where you plan to open up your marijuana dispensary
You need to consider the following costs when looking at opening up marijuana dispensaries: Bear in mind that this is just a suggestion and that there could be other costs involved as well.
– The fee that you need to pay to the state and/or to the city of Los Angeles for the application.
– Average start-up costs of the business, the store itself, whether it be rent or the cost of purchasing the building. You will need equipment as well.
– Whether you are going to cultivate your own marijuana or have it cultivated for you by outside suppliers, you need to consider the costs involved. Setting up an environment to cultivate cannabis can be a costly situation, and if you are not an expert in marijuana cultivation then you will have to set out costs to pay an expert to help you set it up.
– Legal fees are going to put a dent in your wallet as well, and this is one fee you should not try skimping on. Marijuana laws are still being regulated and fine-tuned, especially when it comes to setting up and opening legal marijuana dispensaries. You are going to benefit greatly from having legal professionals and financial advisors guiding you through the legal process.
Sound a bit overwhelming? Well, there is a myriad of companies that have jumped on the cannabis industry bandwagon, but not in the way that you might expect. There are a few businesses that have opened up that can create a dispensary for you. The businesses do all the hard work and then hand over the key. These are dubbed “turn-key” dispensaries. It means exactly what it says, the marijuana dispensaries are set up and ready for you to run it as a business.
These businesses are available online, and these are the specific things that they offer to do:
– they will prepare all the paperwork on the owner’s behalf and ensure that all is in order
– ensure that the marijuana dispensaries are fully compliant with the current laws and regulations.
However, if this is the option you wish to invest in then be sure to consult a law professional that can make sure that the business is fully legal and that the company or business’s information is legit.
A note on the medical marijuana dispensaries:
If you are interested in opening a legal medical marijuana dispensary then you need to know that there is currently no exact legislation that dictates how medical marijuana dispensaries are recognized. The MMP gives authority for collectives and or co-ops to be recognized.
Opening up marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles can be a challenge initially however they can be a fruitful venture. Marijuana may not be clinically proven to treat any symptoms or illnesses however there are many people that have reported that they have greatly benefited from marijuana use. Marijuana dispensaries are a huge leap forward from a few decades ago and now people are able to benefit from marijuana and marijuana dispensaries.