The Medical Marijuana Los Angeles Program has greatly expanded over the past 5 years. As more and more health practitioners and doctors become a part of this growing network, together with more and more research institutes that are able and eager to make clinical studies on the health benefits of medical marijuana, more and more disease are getting approved to be treated with the use of medical marijuana.
Currently, in Los Angeles, more than 150 diseases can be treated with medical marijuana. If you were wondering about the facts regarding the Medical Marijuana Central Los Angeles Program, here are a few of them.
1. The proposition 215 legalizing medical marijuana in Los Angeles was originally passed in 1996, and it was called the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.
2. The Medical Marijuana Los Angeles Program is tracked, administered and funded by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
3. As stated by the CPDH, patients and their primary caregivers may apply for a Medical marijuana Identification Card.
4. Only licensed doctors or Lost Angeles marijuana clinics, and medical offices can recommend patients a Medical Marijuana Identification Card.
5. Those who are underage and are suffering from covered illnesses can be approved for a medical marijuana card in Los Angeles. However, they must meet some requirements that are usually set by the state, and these can also vary by county.
6. Federal law prohibits using marijuana. Federal law classifies marijuana as a schedule 1 drug. Only those who possess a medical marijuana card have the right to consume it and they are protected from legal prosecution by the state.
7. As mentioned earlier, there are dispensaries and a marijuana card program that function in Los Angeles since 2003.
These are a few of the facts on the Medical Marijuana Los Angeles Program. For more information about marijuana delivery, services and products, check out PotValet.com