Trainwreck Marijuana Strain
Trainwreck is a hybrid that is slightly Sativa dominant. Trainwreck will leave users with a clean mental high whilst also putting the body into a state of relaxation. It is a good mix of both a cerebral and whole-body high. This is another strain with mysterious origins. The name is allegedly attributed to the story of the original growers of the strain, who had to uproot their crops due to a nearby trainwreck.
The California growers, fearing discovery, had to leave and plant themselves elsewhere. Trainwreck hails from Northern California and is a mix of Mexican and Thai Savita’s with Afghan Indica’s. The effects of Trainwreck are most commonly described as euphoric, happy and uplifting. It leaves a very nice and relaxing high and is very popular among cannabis users. What makes Trainwreck stand out from other strains is that it gives excellent cerebral Sativa effects while also giving the full body high associated with Indica’s. It really is the best of both worlds and is popular for a reason. Trainwreck is moderately high in THC and is known to be effective in terms of increasing creative capacity.
Why do Patients Use Trainwreck?
The most commonly cited medical uses of Trainwreck are ADHD, PTSD and stress. There are very few side effects associated with Trainwreck as it is actually quite mild with low to moderate THC levels. Trainwreck has been proven to be very effective in relieving chronic pain, which is surprising for a Sativa dominant strain. It is a powerful muscle relaxant and pain relief is its most common use. Trainwreck is also commonly recommended for mental illnesses and is good for novice users.
Medical Uses of Trainwreck
- Chronic pain
- Muscle Stiffness
Side-Effects of Trainwreck
- Dry Eyes
- Dry Mouth
Information about Trainwreck
- 65% Sativa 35% Indica
- Mix of Thai (Sativa), Mexican (Sativa) and Afghani (Indica). Supposedly created by two brothers in California in the 1970’s.
- Trainwreck has a rating of 8.4 on the stoned meter.
- The THC content is typically anywhere from 12 percent to 20 percent.
- Origins unknown.
- Approximately 8-10 weeks depending on the method used.
Ideal Growing Method
- Outdoors, warm and dry. Can also be grown indoors using a hydroponic setup.
- Higher than 6 feet.
- Trainwreck generates a high yield.
- Trainwreck is an easy to moderate strain to cultivate. It is easy to grow indoors but moderately difficult to grow outdoors.
- Frost can destroy Trainwreck quite quickly