When it comes to the legality of medical marijuana, there is often a lot of confusion around the subject. People are often confused about the do’s and don’ts of medical cannabis. Sometimes people get arrested because of something that they think is 100% legal, only to find out that it was not. It should be remembered that most people that use marijuana have never had any problems with police. In this article we will briefly take a look at the do’s and don’ts of medical cannabis.
The Do’s of Medical Marijuana:
- The first and most important thing is to make sure that you have a valid green card that isn’t expired. If you tell the officer that you have a card but it isn’t with you right now, chances are that you may get arrested for possession.
- Always be polite and cooperative with police officers.
- Do not lie to the police officers and always explain your situation truthfully.
The Don’ts of Medical Marijuana:
- Avoid possessing a firearm when you are involved with using medical cannabis. Doing so can drastically increase your risk of losing your firearm and you can also face criminal prosecution.
- Don’t operate any vehicles while under the effects of medical marijuana or for 6 hours after use.
- Don’t transport the medicine that’s accessible to a passenger or driver of a vehicle/
- Don’t ever smoke marijuana in a vehicle. Its odor will remain in the vehicle for a long time and it can alert the police officers and other law enforcement agencies to search you and your car.
Most people don’t face any problems with the legal use of medical marijuana. If you follow the law, keep your green card with you and be sensible, chances are that you will be fine.