COVID-19 is proving a game changer for the marijuana industry. Although searching for “marijuana delivery near me” will give you access to all manner of buds, folks are worrying about the respiratory effects of this coronavirus and mostly avoiding cannabis in smokable form. According to the New York Times, weed edibles were popular before, but demand is outstripping supply during this pandemic.
The Rise of Weed Edibles
Gourmet cooking with cannabis is the latest trend. Folks everywhere are consuming Weed edibles in large quantities, from patients to recreational users of all ages and from all backgrounds. Edibles are healthy. They give you all the benefits of cannabis without ever having to inhale it. There is no irritating of lungs and mucosal passages in the midst of a coronavirus outbreak. No potential respiratory side effects.
However, with so many edibles available on the market, which are the most popular in 2020?
Sour gummies remain among the most popular edibles of all time. They are tasty, precisely dosed, and come in an assortment of flavors, shapes, and potencies. What is more, they are easy to carry around with you, and you can be as discreet about your use as you want to be. Gummies are easy to share and, for the most part, derive from evenly balanced hybrid strains. This makes them suitable for anytime use.
Everybody loves chocolate. There are almost no exceptions, certainly very few. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate: You can find an array of quality chocolates precisely dosed with different cannabis strains. Whole nut, peppermint, whatever your heart desires, you can find it with an extra Indica, Sativa, or hybrid kick. Choose your experience. Get energetic, get sleepy, or just get stoned.
Granola is extremely popular. In bars, cereals, or even sprinkled over salads, cannabis-coated granola can be especially potent. Pre-dosed for accuracy, most granola products include a variety of healthy ingredients, making this the perfect edible for those conscious about their health and eating habits. You can also choose your buzz. There are Sativa and Indica options, as well as hordes of hybrid varieties.
The number of baked edibles available is reaching staggering proportions. Gone are the days of chocolate brownies being about the only cannabis-infused edibles on offer. Today you can find all manner of delights, including muffins, scones, cakes, tarts, and even savory goods, such as quiches. Baked edibles also come pre-dosed, but you may need to devour them slowly in smaller portions.
Fried fruit is a major favorite in California. Bananas, apples, pears, mangos, and even citrus fruits, all are delicious fried in a potent cannabutter. These come dosed per piece, with maybe 10 or 20 in a pack, for convenience and accuracy of dosing. Further, fried fruit is highly portable too, easy to carry around in pockets, bags, or cars, and it is perfect for sharing with friends. You can also use them with discretion.
Cannabutter is the perfect medium for making edibles yourself. Homemade edibles are the latest health trend in California. Although you can find cannabutter at your local marijuana dispensary, many enjoy the reward of making it themselves. Cannabutter is necessary to infuse cannabis into your menu. The cannabis essence is what gives these meals their psychoactive kick.
Butter is the best medium to use for cannabis cooking, although oil works too. You need it to make most cakes and desserts, and you can even use it instead of oil in your frying pan. This canna-butter recipe makes approximately two cups, and THC levels per cup can be as high as 70 milligrams. This is potent, so you do not need to add much to your dishes. It is sufficient to get whoever eats it high.
What You Need
- Airtight Storage Jars
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 2 Cups Water
- ½ Ounce Marijuana, finely ground
- ½ Pound Butter
- Combine water and marijuana in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Ensure there are two cups of water, so add more if moisture reduces.
- Take off heat, cover, and let cool for approximately two hours, or to room temperature.
- Return to heat and add butter.
- Allow to simmer for another hour.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, return saucepan to heat and bring it to simmer again.
- Stir well.
- Remove from stove, cover, and cool to room temperature.
- Use cheesecloth to line your strainer and place over a measuring cup, bowl, or wide-mouth jar.
- Strain mixture by pouring butter through strainer.
- Squeeze every drop of oil from the cheesecloth, twisting as necessary.
- Throw cannabis bits into your composting setup.
- Pour butter into an airtight container.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight. Butter and water will separate.
- On the third morning, loosen butter by running a knife along the container’s edges.
- Using the knife, remove butter from the water.
- Reline the strainer with fresh cheesecloth and strain remaining butter as before.
- Place canna-butter in airtight containers, label them, and keep refrigerated for no longer than two months. You can also freeze it, in which case it will last six months or more.
Weed Delivery Los Angeles
You can find all of these edibles for weed delivery in California. All of them and many more. Alternatively, you can use your time in lockdown to make your own at home using this cannabutter recipe. There are also other edibles on offer, all of which deserve mention too. However, do not eat too much at once. Edibles may take time to feel, which makes it very easy to consume too much of it.
Yeah, chocolates are my favorite!!
I’m partial to the gummy’s too
I like Cookie edibles best
Im into gummy and Chocolate edibles! Tend to work the best for me