Both medical and recreational marijuana is legal in California now, so many people are curious about this drug and want to know more. At Pot Valet, we believe that prospective marijuana users should know as much as they can about cannabis before they try it. Comprehensive research and information will help you make a more well-informed decision about your health and marijuana use. Here’s a small guide that would help you understand everything you need to know about marijuana.
What is Cannabis?
Cannabis is the scientific name for the entire marijuana plant, including the leaves, flowers, and roots. There are several species of this plant but the ones more relevant to the medical and recreational marijuana industry are cannabis indicaand cannabis sativa. Most marijuana products available in the market are derived from indica or sativa and their hybrids. Cannabis comes in different forms as well and these include:
- Weed or Marijuana – This usually refers to dried flower tops as well as the leaves of the cannabis plant. This is the most common form of the medication and is also easy to use for the beginners.
- Hashish – Hashish or hash is concentrated and quite potent. The manufactures will collect, dry, and sift all useful part of the cannabis plant. They’ll compress the sifted pallets, which produce an oil-rich pitch. They’ll slice this pitch to make hash. Most users will place the hash on their tongue or underneath it to get an instant hit of cannabis.
Types of Cannabis
There are three types of marijuana available in the market for consumption and these include:
- Indica – The indica strain originates from the Middle East and thrives in cold climates. The colder climate makes the leaves and flowers more potent so indica strains usually have a bigger kick. The leaves are darker green and broader and have higher levels of CBD than THC. We recommend indica for nighttime consumption because the strain will leave you feeling relaxed and sleepy. Indica is highly effective for people who suffer from insomnia headaches, and muscle spasms.
- Sativa – The sativa strain is considered European though it’s usually found in warmer temperatures and is common in Thailand, Mexico, Columbia, South East Asia, and other such places. It has higher levels of THC than CBD so you will experience that mental high marijuana is known for. We recommend this for daytime consumption because it’ll help you feel energetic, creative, and enthusiastic. Sativa is great for people who suffer from depression, anxiety, listlessness, and other such mental problems.
- Hybrid – Hybrid strains are specifically cultivated to combine the best traits of both indica and sativa strains of marijuana. Some hybrids are very popular with marijuana users and these include God’s Gift, Girl Scout Cookies, Dutch Treat, White Fire, Purple Haze, etc.
The Best Cannabis Strains for Beginners
Some strains are more effective than others so they’re very popular with marijuana users. Here’s a list of some one of the all-time favorites for new marijuana users. This is highly subjective so you should consider experimenting with different strains and products because different people have different preferences. You should stick to strains with low levels of THC because that has psychoactive properties. Here are some recommendations:
- Harlequin – Sativa – As a sativa strain, it will deliver small doses of THC to help you feel relaxed, uplifted, happy, and focused.
- Sour Tsunami – Hybrid – This is one of the first strains specifically bred to contain high levels of CBD and low levels of THC. It will help you feel relaxed, focused, happy, sleepy, and uplifted as well.
- Pennywise – Indica – This strain is also high in CBD but also has some THC in it to provide mild psychoactive lift. You’ll feel quite euphoric and happy when you consume this.
- Jack Herer – Sativa – Sativa strains are usually THC heavy and can be overwhelming for beginners. However, if you want to experience the high, you should start up with Jack Herer. It’s one of the most well-known marijuana products and contains about 18% to 23% of THC. You’ll feel uplifted, energetic, and happy when you consume it.
- Plushberry – Indica – This is a near perfect nighttime marijuana strain as it is 80% indica. You’ll feel completely relaxed but not completely drowsy or sedated. It’s a great strain for people who just want to relax and let go of any pains and concerns they might have.
- Hindu Kush – Indica – This is a very classic indica strain and is very popular with people who suffer from anxiety, depression, and nausea. It’s 100% indica so you’ll experience potent relaxing effects when you consume it.
These are just some of the many strains and types of marijuana available in the market. You can call us at 1800 357 1314 if you have any questions about marijuanaor our products.